måndag, november 01, 2010

Turkisk läkare vårdar israelisk soldat på Mavi Marmara

Att de israeliska soldaterna var i livsfara kan vem som helst se som tagit del av de bilder, israeliska, turkiska och andra som gjordes under den fatala natten mellan 31 maj och 1 juni.
BBC-dokumentären Death on the Med bekräftar också israelernas version av det prekära läget. Man behöver inte vara militärexpert för att gissa sig till vad som skulle hänt med de dussin israeliska soldater som bordade Mavi Marmara om de inte fått lov att använda sina handeldvapen (de vapen som syns på nedhissningarna i rep på däck är paintballgevär). De hade lynchats till döds av ett stort antal aktivister.


Lisa Abramowicz från Svensk Israelinformation på SVT Debatt 30 september 2010




Bilden: den turkiska läkaren Hasan Huseyin Uysal behandlar en israelisk kommandosoldat på Mavi Marmara. I en intervju som bland annat publicerats på New York Times nyhetsblogg berättar han att han behandlade tre israeliska soldater under den blodiga natten. Dr Uysal menar att det visar att de israeliska soldaterna aldrig svävade i någon livsfara:

First of all it’s against logic that these soldiers would not be killed but instead be taken to the medical center if the intention of the activists was to kill them. If people on board were so eager to hurt them, why would they not just shoot them to death once they had taken their guns? Why bother carting them inside for treatment? It just doesn’t add up.

I am a doctor, and the Israeli soldiers were brought to me to check their medical situation and treat them properly. I had our dead bodies and injured people lying in front of me and I was treating the soldiers that actually killed and wounded them. None of our friends in the center approached to harm or hurt them. Our injured people were lying on the ground, but I rested the soldiers on our chairs.



Om de israeliska soldaternas skador sa han:

None of the soldiers had any fatal wounds that would cause organ loss or defects. There were scratches on their faces, but since facial skin is sensitive and very likely to bleed in any trauma, there was blood on their faces — which I cleaned carefully to see what kind of injuries they had. In the end, they happened to be only scratches.

The third soldier, however, suffered a cut in his stomach that reached his stomach membrane but not the organ itself. It was nothing fatal. As a doctor, I wouldn’t want to guess the nature of this injury but it could have been caused by either landing on a sharp pole from the helicopter or a blow from a pipe with a sharp edge. I couldn’t tell.

In either case, it was not fatal but it had to be stitched. However, since we did not ever expect such a confrontation, we had not brought any stitching equipment on board. All we had was simple medical material to dress simple wounds, or drops to ease burning in case tear gas was used. If I had stitching material with me, although I am an eye doctor, I would have treated the boy properly in accordance with my general medical knowledge. I couldn’t.

Inga kommentarer: